Maintaining hair extensions involves way more than just going to the salon every few weeks (or months). That is- of course- if you want to get the most out of your extensions.
Since our extensions are made of 100% Remy Human Hair, most of our systems can be reused up to three applications if cared for correctly.
HOW TO GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR HAIR EXTENSIONSBefore any physical activity (pool, beach, gym, biking, etc.), secure hair well in a braid or under a cap. Make sure to wash hair very well soon after to remove any chemicals, sweat or residue. It is best practice to never leave your hair wet after a workout for any long lengths of time. Moisture left in the hair over time will cause slippage to the extensions.
Fun Tip: Aqua Hair Extensions Conditioner doubles as a deep conditioner when left on for 10-15 minutes.After getting out of the shower, let your hair air-dry for about 10 minutes, and apply a heat protecting spray before blow-drying. If possible, just air-dry altogether (the less heat used on your extensions, the better). For smoother results, run some serum throughout your hair avoiding the bonds. Lastly, always put your hair in a ponytail or loose braid before going to sleep to avoid tangles and matting.
WHAT NOT TO DO
- Never sleep with damp or wet hair moisture will cause slippage over time
- Avoid applying heat directly to the adhesive or bonds.
- Only use professional products that are sulfate and sodium-free. Don't overdo it with products.
- Don’t wash your hair more than 3 times a week.
- Be careful not to put the product directly on the application area (especially hairspray).
- Avoid products with alcohol.
- Do not towel dry.
- Wait at least 48 hours before washing your hair after first getting the extensions installed.