Who doesn't love a beautiful Boho Braid?? The boho braid resembles a French braid but are much easier to manage. They're the perfect combination of a sophisticated and casual hairstyle. The best part, they also look way more complicated than they actually are! So let’s get into this Boho braid tutorial!
Boho Braid Basics
For most Boho braid styles, you’re going to be working with simple braid styles such as a fishtail braid or a french braid:
- Take a section of your hair and divide it into three parts.
- Then thread your hands down interweaving parts 1 and 3 and 2 and 1 and 3. All the way down the hair.
- Once you have your section of braided hair, place a ponytail at the ends to keep it together.
- Finally, after having a great braid that’s tightly knit, keep that form and gently pull at the bulbs of the braid. This will loosen the hair and make it appear bigger, making it look more casual and laid back which is what the look calls for. Don't fret over stray hair- the messier, the better!
Different Types of Boho Braids
– An easy and quick way to use the boho braid is to simply make one on each side of the head. This will balance the hair out on both sides creating cute, and unique pigtails!
– Hair flips are also making big waves right now. Believe it or not, you can combine the two to make an extra eye-catching look! When you are doing your hair flip, keep it tossed over to one side but section off a piece of the front for your casual boho braid. This will add so much volume and eye-grabbing details for onlookers!
– Another way to make it work well is to make a small boho braid and incorporate it into your pony tail as an accent piece. Variations of this can be putting the braid on both sides and inserting or tying them together on top of the pony. Once completed, you'll look like you just stepped out of the salon! They're surprisingly elegant, and are also perfect for a wedding hairstyle.